Aledo ( ə-LEE-doh) is a city in Parker County, Texas, United States. The population was 2,716 at the 2010 census.
The city is served by the Aledo Independent School District.
Pronounced [uh LEE do] The Parker post office was established in 1880 by Littleberry Rudolph Fawks. Two years later the name was changed to Aledo, likely suggested by a Texas & Pacific Railway official for Aledo, Illinois. Post office established May 25, 1882 as Aledo, postmaster Eli J. McConnell.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.9 square miles (4.9 km2), all land.
At the 2000 census there were 1,726 people in 601 households, including 494 families, in the city. The population density was 909.2 people per square mile (350.7/km2). There were 625 housing units at an average density of 329.2 per square mile (127.0/km2).