Arundel is a town in York County, Maine, United States. At the 2010 census, the population was 4,022. It is part of the Portland–South Portland–Biddeford, Maine Metropolitan Statistical Area. The Municipality of Arundel includes the constituent communities and neighbourhoods of: Arundel Village, Vinegar Hill, Riverside Arundel, Log Cabin Crossing, Goff Mill, Millers Crossing, and Cottagehill (Cape Arundel Cottage Preserve), among other neighbourhoods in an inland area adjacent to the Towns of Kennebunkport and Biddeford.
The area now known as Arundel, while sometimes referred to by that name, was a part of Kennebunkport until 1915, at which point it was set off and named North Kennebunkport. In 1957, following the publication of the Chronicles of Arundel by Kenneth Roberts, the town was renamed Arundel by the state legislature, after Lord Arundel.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 23.90 square miles (61.90 km2), of which, 23.87 square miles (61.82 km2) of it is land and 0.03 square miles (0.08 km2) is water. Arundel is drained by the Kennebunk River.
The town is crossed by Interstate 95, U.S. Route 1 and state routes 35 and 111. It is bordered by the towns of Kennebunkport to the southeast, Kennebunk to the southwest, Lyman to the northwest, Dayton to the north, and Biddeford to the northeast.
As of the census of 2010, there were 4,022 people, 1,569 households, and 1,109 families living in the town.