Avon is a town in Norfolk County, Massachusetts, United States. The population was 4,356 at the 2010 census.
Avon separated from Stoughton in 1888.
The first settler in Avon was Moses Curtis (c. 1720) a blacksmith from Braintree, Ma.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 4.6 square miles (12 km2), of which, 4.4 square miles (11 km2) of it is land and 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2) of it (4.16%) is water. Avon is bordered by the City of Brockton on the south, Stoughton on the west, Randolph on the northeast, and Holbrook on the east. Avon is 17 miles (27 km) south of Boston; 27 miles (43 km) northeast of Providence, Rhode Island; and 211 miles (340 km) from New York City.
At the 2000 census, there were 4,443 people, 1,705 households and 1,220 families residing in the town. The population density was 1,014.7 per square mile (391.7/km2). There were 1,740 housing units at an average density of 397.4 per square mile (153.4/km2).