Baldwinsville is a village in Onondaga County, New York, United States. The population was 7,378 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Syracuse Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Baldwinsville (the village itself) is located in the towns of Lysander and Van Buren. Baldwinsville mailing addresses also include a small northwestern section of the town of Clay.
The village is named after Dr. Jonas Baldwin, who built a dam across the Seneca River to generate energy and a private canal to keep the integrity of the water highway. It incorporated in 1848 as the Village of Baldwinsville. Prior to this, the community was known by a number of other names, including McHarrie's Rifts.
Baldwinsville initially grew as a local center for a prosperous farming area, with numerous mills along the north and south shores of the Seneca River.