Bellevue is a village in Eaton County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 1,282 at the 2010 census. The village is located within Bellevue Township.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.10 square miles (2.85 km2), of which 1.02 square miles (2.64 km2) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) is water.
Bellevue was founded by Captain Reuben Fitzgerald, a War of 1812 veteran, in 1833. Bellevue was also the first town founded in Eaton County and the original Eaton County seat and location of the county court house until Charlotte's founding. The west side of town is home to a large limestone bed, which has been continually mined for over a century and was used to help build the Michigan State Capitol. Bellevue is also home to abandoned Burt Portland cement factory. The factory opened in 1904 and became one of the largest in Michigan though closed due to bankruptcy in 1928. Also called the “Burt Brand of Rock Portland Cement”, the plant shipped product around the whole state, as well as Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin. The ruins can still be found in South West Bellevue near the environmental park. Bellevue is also home to a Gothic Mill that produces hydroelectricity through the dam it was Built in 1852 by Isaac Crary.