Bellwood is a borough in Blair County, Pennsylvania, United States. It is part of the Altoona, PA Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was at 1,828 as of the 2010 census.
Bellwood is located at 40°36′6″N 78°20′1″W (40.601566, -78.333616).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 0.5 square miles (1.3 km2), all of it land. Bellwood is a rural area situated in the Tuckahoe Valley, part of the Logan Valley area. Bellwood was originally called Bell's Mills. The Borough of Bellwood is surrounded by the Township of Antis.
Bellwood's first resident was Edward Bell who moved here with his wife, mother, and father John Bell in 1806. Edward Bell's son, Martin Bell, founded the Sabbath Rest Foundry located in Antis Township (Pinecroft) so-called because he invented a new way to stoke the fires and leave them burn Sunday without having any person attend to them.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,016 people, 776 households, and 555 families residing in the borough.