Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Ben Avon Heights is a borough in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, United States, located on a hill above the Ohio River, 9 miles (14 km) from the city of Pittsburgh. The population was 371 at the 2010 census.
Ben Avon Heights is part of the Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area.
Ben Avon Heights is located at 40°30′43″N 80°4′28″W.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2), all of it land. Its average elevation is 1,135 feet (346 m) above sea level.
Ben Avon Heights has two borders, including Kilbuck Township to the north, east and west, and Avalon to the south.
Prior to 1906, the land that became Ben Avon Heights was farmland belonging to Samuel Taylor and John Wilson. In 1910 Walter Pringle Fraser of Ben Avon bought 84 acres (340,000 m2) on the former Taylor farm, using forty of the acres to build the Ben Avon Country Club and golf course. The remaining 44 acres (180,000 m2) were opened for a residential development which he named Ben Avon Heights. Like neighboring Ben Avon, Ben Avon Heights appealed to Pittsburghers looking for rural summer homes away from the city. The borough was incorporated in 1913.
When the Ben Avon Country Club closed in 1917, it was divided into lots for additional housing.