Blue Bell is a census-designated place (CDP) in Whitpain Township in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, in the United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 6,067.
Blue Bell was originally known as Pigeontown, after the large flocks of the now-extinct passenger pigeons that once gathered there. The town was renamed in 1840 after the historically prominent Blue Bell Inn.
Blue Bell is known for its large executive-style homes, major business parks, community shopping facilities, and small businesses. It is one of the most affluent areas outside the Main Line communities in the Philadelphia area. In July 2005, Money magazine ranked Blue Bell 14th on its list of the "100 Best Places to Live in the United States".
Whitpain Public School was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2006. The “Dutchman” is a well-known historical landmark within the town of Blue Bell.
Blue Bell is located at 40°8′41″N 75°16′8″W (40.144759, -75.268752). According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 5.4 square miles (14 km2), all of it land.