Bristol is a town in Washington Township, Elkhart County, Indiana, United States. The population was 1,602 at the 2010 census.
Bristol was platted about 1835, making it one of the oldest towns in Elkhart County. It was named after the city of Bristol, in England.
The Bristol-Washington Township School, Solomon Fowler Mansion, and St. John of the Cross Episcopal Church, Rectory and Cemetery are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Bristol is located at 41°43′16″N 85°49′6″W (41.721050, -85.818195).
According to the 2010 census, Bristol has a total area of 3.82 square miles (9.89 km2), of which 3.69 square miles (9.56 km2) (or 96.6%) is land and 0.13 square miles (0.34 km2) (or 3.4%) is water.
As of the 2010 census, there were 1,602 people, 608 households, and 429 families living in the town. The population density was 434.1 inhabitants per square mile (167.6/km2). There were 737 housing units at an average density of 199.7 per square mile (77.1/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 87.9% White, 2.1% African American, 0.7% Native American, 1.5% Asian, 4.7% from other races, and 3.1% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 10.2% of the population.
There were 608 households, of which 34.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 50.8% were married couples living together, 11.8% had a female householder with no husband present, 7.9% had a male householder with no wife present, and 29.4% were non-families.