Campbellsburg is a town in Brown Township, Washington County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 585 at the 2010 census.
Campbellsburg was laid out in 1849, when it was certain that the railroad would be built through that territory. It was originally called Buena Vista in commemoration of the Battle of Buena Vista, but was later renamed Campbellsburg for Robert Campbell, who platted an addition to the town in 1851.
The Campbellsburg post office has been in operation since 1852.
Campbellsburg is located at 38°39′8″N 86°15′42″W (38.652299, -86.261546).
According to the 2010 census, Campbellsburg has a total area of 0.99 square miles (2.56 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 585 people, 228 households, and 150 families living in the town. The population density was 590.9 inhabitants per square mile (228.1/km2). There were 274 housing units at an average density of 276.8 per square mile (106.9/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 98.5% White, 0.2% African American, 0.3% Asian, and 1.0% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.0% of the population.
There were 228 households, of which 37.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 43.0% were married couples living together, 18.9% had a female householder with no husband present, 3.9% had a male householder with no wife present, and 34.2% were non-families. 26.3% of all households were made up of individuals, and 9.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.