Cleveland is a town in Emery County, Utah, United States. As of the 2010 census, the town population was 464, down from 508 at the 2000 census.
Cleveland is located in northwestern Emery County in a swale of land between the mountains and the desert. It is 7 miles (11 km) east of Huntington, 18 miles (29 km) south of Price, and 16 miles (26 km) northeast of Castle Dale, the Emery County seat. According to the United States Census Bureau, Cleveland has a total area of 0.85 square miles (2.2 km2), all land.
Cleveland was first settled in 1884 by Samuel Nelson Alger and Henry Sr. These two men took up homesteading, and soon afterwards 25 families joined them. Firm roots began to take hold, and gradually with hard work and persistence, Cleveland began to grow. These families were typically pioneers. Cleveland was named after Grover Cleveland, President of the United States in the 1880s.
The "old timers" claim that farms within the boundaries of Cleveland require less water than other farms in Emery County and had the most productive ground. Many of the founding fathers came to Cleveland because of good reports of plentiful grass and good homesteading.