Dallesport is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Klickitat County, Washington, United States. The population was 1,202 at the 2010 census.
The location was traditionally a site of the Wishram tribe (called "Echeloots" by Lewis and Clark), who lived on the north bank of the Columbia River about 10 miles (16 km) in both directions from The Dalles, Oregon. Although the Wishrams were included in the Treaty of Yakima, they resisted removal to the Yakama Reservation. Indian burials from Memaloose Island in the Columbia were removed to the Wish-ham Cemetery near Dallesport prior to the filling of Lake Celilo. The loss of their traditional fishing grounds at Celilo Falls during the construction of The Dalles Dam in March 1957 dealt both a spiritual and an economic blow to the tribe.
Originally called "Rockport" or "Rockland Flats", Dallesport was the site of the first ferry crossing in the area, beginning in 1854. Rockland Flats was the original seat of Clickitat County (the name of the county was spelled with a "C" until an official name change in 1869), and remained so until 1878. Riverboat traffic moved up and down the river, but could not pass the falls at the Dalles and Celilo Falls. Portage was originally via a 19-mile-long (31 km) wagon road circumventing the falls. The Oregon Portage Railroad allowed passage of goods and travelers by rail beginning in 1863, but shippers chafed at the monopoly. In 1905, Congress approved an 8.5-mile (13.7 km) canal with locks on the north shore to bypass the falls.