Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Delmont is a borough in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 2,686 at the 2010 census.
Delmont was initially known as New Salem. The 300 acres of land was warranted to William Wilson in 1784 and upon his arrival in 1785 he named the area New Salem. In 1812 a post office was established in New Salem and it was named Salem X Roads(Salem Crossroads), Pennsylvania. Hugh Bigham was the first postmaster. Wilson continued to farm on the land until his death in 1796. After Wilson's death in 1796 his estate was divided between his sons, Thomas and George. It was not until 1812 that the patent was validated. Eventually, the family conveyed their deeds over to Thomas and he became the sole owner of the property.