Denton is a village in Lancaster County, Nebraska, United States. It is part of the Lincoln, Nebraska Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 190 at the 2010 census.
Denton was established in 1871 when the Burlington & Missouri River Railroad was extended to that point. It was named for Daniel M. Denton, the original owner of the town site. Denton was incorporated in 1913. In 1930, a fire burned down many buildings in the village, creating an even worse environment for the already-struggling businesses following the stock market crash a year prior.
Denton is located at 40°44′22″N 96°50′42″W (40.739530, -96.844914).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.12 square miles (0.31 km2), all land.
At the 2010 census there were 190 people, 82 households, and 51 families in the village. The population density was 1,583.3 inhabitants per square mile (611.3/km2). There were 86 housing units at an average density of 716.7 per square mile (276.7/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 97.4% White, 1.1% African American, 1.1% Asian, and 0.5% from two or more races.