East Berlin is a borough in Adams County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,521 at the 2010 census. East Berlin is served by the Bermudian Springs School District.
East Berlin is located in the southern part of Pennsylvania, adjacent to the York County border and 13 miles (21 km) west of York.
In 1764, John Frankenberger purchased and laid out eighty-five lots with streets and alleys and named it "Berlin," his home in Germany. Subsequently, confusion with another community in Pennsylvania, led to altering the name to "East Berlin." By 1797 under the new owner John Hildebrand, East Berlin had approximately one hundred houses. When York County was divided in 1800, East Berlin became part of the newly created Adams County.
In 1877, the Berlin Branch Railroad was completed, linking the town to Berlin Junction on the Hanover Junction, Hanover and Gettysburg Railroad. The railroad operated until 1914, when the tracks were removed from East Berlin to Abbottstown. The rail line was relaid in 1916 and continued to operate as the East Berlin Railroad until 1939.