Elmore City is a town in Garvin County, Oklahoma, United States. This town is fifty-eight miles south of Oklahoma City. The population was 697 at the 2010 census. It was named after J. O. Elmore.
There are two main highways running through Elmore City. One of the Highways is Oklahoma State Highway 29, running west–east. The other is Oklahoma State Highway 74, running north–south. It is about 12 miles west of Wynnewood, 25.5 miles south of Purcell, and about 23 miles west of U.S. Highway 177.
The first business in Elmore City was opened by Jasper N. Black in an area just northeast of what is now Elmore City. Historians state that after Black opened his supply store in 1890 on Rock Creek, the number of settlers quickly grew and a community was formed called Banner.