Englewood is a town in McMinn County, Tennessee, United States. The population was 1,532 in 2010.
In 1857, businessman John Dixon established the Eureka Cotton Mills near what is now Englewood where they used regionally-grown cotton to produce yarn. The small mill community that developed around the mill became known as Eureka Mills. By 1875, Elisha Brient, a partner of Dixon, and several of Brient's relatives had acquired Eureka Cotton Mills, and in 1894 the Brients renamed the town of Eureka Mills "Englewood". The name was suggested by Nancy Chestnutt, a sister-in-law of James Brient, who thought the area resembled the English forests of the Robin Hood tales she had read about as a child.
In the late 19th century, the Brients began building shops and gristmills approximately 2 miles (3.2 km) northeast of their milltown at a railroad stop called Tellico Junction, where the Atlanta, Knoxville & Northern Railroad (which roughly followed modern U.S. 411) intersected the Tellico Railroad (which connected Athens and Tellico Plains). The Brients also expanded their Englewood operation, establishing a flour and feed mill in partnership with J.W. Chestnutt. In 1907, the entire Englewood operation was moved to Tellico Junction to take advantage of the railroad. The following year, Tellico Junction was renamed Englewood and the original milltown subsequently became known as "Old Englewood".
In 1917, Chestnutt formed the Englewood Manufacturing Company, which built a hosiery mill at Englewood. Englewood grew to include housing for 300 workers, and had its own company stores, sawmill, and school.