Fieldale is a census-designated place (CDP) in Henry County, Virginia, United States. The population was 879 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Martinsville Micropolitan Statistical Area.
The area was first settled in 1770 by planter George Waller, an officer in the state militia who was later promoted to Colonel, and his wife Ann Winston (Carr), first cousin of statesman Patrick Henry, as a protected ford across the Smith River. The local militia trained on Col. Waller's acreage. The settlement was subsequently known as Waller's Ford for over a century. A Virginia Historical Highway Marker unveiled in September 2017 marks the location of Col. Waller's plantation. In 1916, Marshall Field & Company purchased the site from the Waller heirs and established Fieldcrest Mills, the town of Fieldale, and an 8,500-square-foot (790 m2) company clubhouse, all completed in 1919.