Fillmore is a city in Millard County, Utah, United States. The population was 2,435 at the 2010 United States Census. It is the county seat of Millard County. It is named for the thirteenth US President Millard Fillmore, who was in office when Millard County was created by the Utah Territorial legislature.
Fillmore was the capital of the Utah Territory from 1851 to 1856, although the territorial legislature met in Fillmore only one term (1855). The original Utah Territorial Statehouse building still stands.
Fillmore, located near the geographic center of the territory, was originally built as the capital of Utah Territory. The Utah Territorial Legislature approved a plan to locate the capital in the Pahvant Valley. On October 28, 1851, Utah governor Brigham Young chose the specific site for Fillmore. Jesse W. Fox, that same day, surveyed the town. Anson Call headed the colonizing company that shortly followed; they built houses, a grist mill and a sawmill.