Folcroft is a borough in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 6,606 at the 2010 census, down from 6,978 at the 2000 census.
The origin of Folcroft can be traced back to the mid 1600s and early settlements of New Sweden. Delmar Drive was once part of Calcon Hook Road. Calcon is the Swedish word for "turkey," and Hook is the Swedish word for "road". The original road was a Leni Lenape trail called "Turkey's Neck Trail" by the settlers, and was no more than 4 feet (1.2 m) wide.
Originally productive farmlands, it became a residential suburb of Philadelphia with the construction of the Pennsylvania Railroad through the area in 1874. A passenger stop was built and named Folcroft, or "leafy fields".
Originally part of Darby Township, Folcroft was incorporated as a borough in 1922.
In August 1963, the Baker family became the first African-American family to purchase a house in Folcroft in the Delmar village complex. When local white resident learned of the purchase, the house was vandalized and a crowd of over a thousand people prevented the Baker family from entering their home.