Franksville is a former census-designated place (CDP) in Racine County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 1,789 at the 2000 census.
Originally occupied by the Potowatomi tribe, the first white settlers in the area then known as Skunk Grove arrived in the 1830s. By the 1850s, plank roads were built through the area, and by the 1870s the Chicago, Milwaukee and St. Paul Railway laid tracks through the area and a plat was filed with Racine County.
In 1907 the Frank Pure Food Company was established and built a plant in Franksville for the purpose of making sauerkraut. Contrary to popular belief, however, the company did not give Franksville its name, which had already been established. The name likely came from either Frank Brandecker, a surveyor who platted the area, or Frank Drandieker, a foreman of the crew that laid the railroad tracks through the area. In 1949 the company held the first Kraut Festival, which was originally a picnic for employees and friends, but later expanded to a 4-day event. The festival's run ended 2002, but was revived in 2015 as Kraut Music Fest.
Franksville became part of the newly established village of Caledonia on March 20, 2006.
Franksville is located at 42°45′40″N 87°54′19″W (42.761085, -87.905173).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP had a total area of 4.3 square miles (11.2 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,789 people, 651 households, and 531 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 412.4 people per square mile (159.2/km2).