Fulton is a town in Aransas County, Texas, United States. As of the 2010 census, this South Texas coastal fishing community had a population of 1,358. The town is named for George Ware Fulton, a land developer in the area.
Fulton is located at 28°04′04″N 97°02′24″W, on the western shore of Aransas Bay. It is bordered to the south by the city of Rockport, the county seat. Texas State Highway 35 passes through the center of the town, leading north across the inlet of Copano Bay. Corpus Christi is 32 miles (51 km) to the southwest, and Port Lavaca is 49 miles (79 km) to the northeast.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 2.5 square miles (6.4 km2), of which 1.4 square miles (3.6 km2) is land and 1.0 square mile (2.7 km2), or 42.77%, is water.
Fulton was founded in 1866, and named by George Ware Fulton, Sr., whose wife Harriet Smith Fulton inherited 11,000 acres on the northern end of the Live Oak Peninsula, including the area where Mr. Fulton created the town he named for himself. Fulton had been a teacher in Indiana and decided to come to Texas by flatboat with 60 other men during the war for independence between Texas and Mexico.