Glen Ullin is a city in Morton County, North Dakota, United States. It is part of the "Bismarck, ND Metropolitan Statistical Area" or "Bismarck-Mandan". The population was 807 at the 2010 census.
Glen Ullin was founded in 1883 along the transcontinental route of the Northern Pacific Railway. The name was created by Major Alvan E. Bovay, a Northern Pacific land agent at the time. Glen, the Scottish Gaelic word for "valley," was chosen because of the city's location within a valley, while Ullin was taken from the Thomas Campbell poem Lord Ullin's Daughter. Glen Ullin was originally built up chiefly by Germans from Russia.
Glen Ullin is located at 46°48′52″N 101°49′51″W (46.814336, -101.830716).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.07 square miles (2.77 km2), of which, 1.04 square miles (2.69 km2) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.08 km2) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 807 people, 358 households, and 192 families residing in the city. The population density was 776.0 inhabitants per square mile (299.6/km2). There were 416 housing units at an average density of 400.0 per square mile (154.4/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 97.3% White, 0.5% Native American, 0.2% Asian, 0.2% Pacific Islander, 0.2% from other races, and 1.5% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.4% of the population.