Great Bend is a city in Richland County, North Dakota, United States, on the banks of the Wild Rice River. Its population was 60 at the 2010 census. It was founded in 1888, and incorporated as a village in 1908. It is part of the Wahpeton, ND–MN Micropolitan Statistical Area.
Great Bend was founded in 1888 on land homesteaded by George Worner (1855 – 1950), who was born in Germany and moved to Brandenburg Township in 1874 when his family moved there from Wisconsin. In 1875, Worner established a rural post office and named it Berlin after the German capital. The post office was moved closer to Great Bend in 1882, and disbanded on July 12, 1883. Worner, who was instrumental in the town's founding and development, served as one of the area's first station agents for the Northern Pacific Railroad, operated the town's first general store, and was one of its first postmasters. He later served in the North Dakota House of Representatives.
Great Bend is located at 46°9′12″N 96°48′11″W (46.153413, -96.803000). According to the United States Census Bureau, it has a total area of 0.55 square miles (1.42 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 60 people, 29 households, and 17 families residing in the city.