Hebron is a town in Tolland County, Connecticut, United States. The population was 9,686 at the 2010 census. Hebron was incorporated May 26, 1708. In 2010, Hebron was rated #6 in Top Towns in Connecticut with population between 6,500 and 10,000, according to Connecticut Magazine.
The villages of Hebron Center, Gilead and Amston are located within Hebron. Amston has its own postal ("zip") code and post office. The remnants of two long since abandoned communities, Grayville and Gay City, are also located in Hebron. The site of the latter is now Gay City State Park.
The town of Hebron was settled in 1704, and incorporated on 26 May 1708 within Hartford County from Non-County Area 1 of the Connecticut Colony. The diamond shape of the town seal has its origins in the diamond figure brand, , required on all horses kept in Hebron by a May 1710 act of the Colonial Assembly.
Hebron became a town in Windham County upon its formation on 12 May 1726. It became a town in Tolland County upon its formation from part of Windham County on 13 October 1785.