Hubbard is a city in Hill County, Texas, United States. It was named for Texas Governor Richard B. Hubbard. The city is 72 miles (116 km) by road south of Dallas. The population was 1,423 at the 2010 census, down from 1,586 at the 2000 census.
Hubbard was named after Richard B. Hubbard, the 16th governor of Texas. He was on hand at the sales of the first town lots on August 11, 1881. The city was organized when the railroads were built through this section of the state. Its first bank was organized in 1881. In 1895 mineral water was discovered in Hubbard. This spawned several bath houses and a sanitarium.