Kosse is a town in southern Limestone County, Texas, United States. The population was 464 at the 2010 census.
Kosse calls itself "A Little Town with a Big Heart."
Kosse is located at 31°18′27″N 96°37′49″W (31.307452, -96.630267). It is situated at the junction of State Highways 7 and 14 in southwestern Limestone County, approximately 16 miles east of Marlin and 17 miles south of Groesbeck. The closest large cities are Waco, 42 miles to the northwest, and Bryan/College Station, 52 miles south of Kosse.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.3 square miles (3.4 km2), all land.
Initial settlement of the area began in the mid-1840s as a community known as Eutaw. Settlers built homes near Duck Creek and Eutaw was a stage stop for the Franklin-Springfield and Waco-Marlin stage routes.
Following the Civil War, the area was in the planned route of the Houston and Texas Central Railway (H&TC) which was being constructed to link Houston to Dallas, Denison and the Red River. The H&TC set aside one acre of land along the rail line two miles west of Eutaw as a townsite, and named it for chief engineer Theodore Kosse. For several months in late 1870 and early 1871, Kosse was the northernmost terminus of the railway, and the population briefly boomed. But by the spring of 1871, the rail line had been extended further north to the new terminus of Groesbeck and Kosse's population was considerably reduced.