Lansing is a town in Ashe County, North Carolina, United States. The population was 158 at the 2010 census.
The town of Lansing was incorporated May 16, 1928. Lansing has one stop sign (a single three-way intersection at Hwy. 194 and Big Horse Creek Road).
In the early 20th century, Lansing was a very busy place, primarily because of the Norfolk and Western Railroad Company, whose daily mixed train, nicknamed the "Virginia Creeper", stopped here. Todd, West Jefferson, Lansing, White Oak, and other towns in North Carolina were also regular stopping places for the train. There were some productive iron mines around Lansing that used the railroad to move ore.
In the 1930s and 1940s Lansing was home to one of two cheese factories in Ashe County. Lansing's cheese plant offered local farmers a place to bring their goods instead of traveling to the county's other cheese plant in West Jefferson.
Lansing High School was built in 1941 by the Works Progress Administration (WPA) using very beautiful local granite stone.