Lawrence Park Township is the only first class township in Erie County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 4,048 at the 2000 census. The 2010 census counted a population of 3,982, for a decline of 1.6% during the decade. The entire township is also listed as a census-designated place.
The township was established in 1910 as a company town for General Electric. It was named after USS Lawrence, flagship of Oliver Hazard Perry, and her namesake, James Lawrence, commander of USS Chesapeake during the War of 1812.
The Park Dinor was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2004. Lawrence Park is also home to the Lighthouse Inn Motel.
Lawrence Park Township is located at 42°9′5″N 80°1′11″W (42.151257, -80.019648). It is bordered to the west by the city of Erie, to the south by Erie and the borough of Wesleyville, to the east by Harborcreek Township, and to the north by Lake Erie.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 1.9 square miles (4.8 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,048 people, 1,547 households, and 1,124 families residing in the township. The population density was 2,176.8 people per square mile (840.3/km2).