Lewisburg is a village in Preble County, Ohio, United States, founded in 1818. The current village incorporates two prior villages, the original Lewisburg and Euphemia, which merged in 1916. The population was 1,820 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Dayton Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Lewisburg was founded soon after Harrison Township was organized in 1816.
In 1833, Lewisburg contained one Lutheran church, four stores, two taverns, two physicians, one botanical practitioner, two merchant mills, forty dwelling houses, and about 200 inhabitants.
The community was named for Lewisburg, Virginia (now in West Virginia). In about 1836, pioneer John Mumma founded the community of Euphemia, named for his wife, to the north of Lewisburg on the National Road. The villages officially merged on April 4, 1916, and the combined community retained the name of Lewisburg.
Lewisburg is located at 39°50′57″N 84°32′26″W (39.849099, -84.540558).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.07 square miles (2.77 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,820 people, 710 households, and 505 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,700.9 inhabitants per square mile (656.7/km2). There were 781 housing units at an average density of 729.9 per square mile (281.8/km2).