Littleton is a town in Aroostook County, Maine, United States. The population was 1,068 at the 2010 census.
In 1800, the southern half of the town was given as a land grant to Williams College and in 1801, the northern half was given as a grant to Framingham Academy. Settlement began shortly thereafter, and the town was incorporated in 1856.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 38.55 square miles (99.84 km2), of which 38.36 square miles (99.35 km2) is land and 0.19 square miles (0.49 km2) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,068 people, 420 households, and 290 families living in the town. The population density was 27.8 inhabitants per square mile (10.7/km2). There were 469 housing units at an average density of 12.2 per square mile (4.7/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 91.7% White, 0.3% African American, 6.6% Native American, 0.1% from other races, and 1.3% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.6% of the population.
There were 420 households, of which 33.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.8% were married couples living together, 8.3% had a female householder with no husband present, 6.0% had a male householder with no wife present, and 31.0% were non-families. 25.5% of all households were made up of individuals, and 11.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.