Lizton is a town in Union Township, Hendricks County, Indiana, United States. The population was 488 at the 2010 Census. It is one of the three towns (Pittsboro and North Salem being the other two) that make up North West Hendricks School Corporation.
Lizton was originally called New Elizabeth, and under the latter name was laid out in 1837 by Jesse Veiley, and named for his wife, Elizabeth.
The post office was established as New Elizabeth in 1854, and was renamed Lizton in 1873. According to one source, the name may have been changed by the railroad.
Lizton is located at 39°53′7″N 86°32′39″W (39.885274, -86.544207).
According to the 2010 census, Lizton has a total area of 0.57 square miles (1.48 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 488 people, 197 households, and 137 families living in the town. The population density was 856.1 inhabitants per square mile (330.5/km2). There were 218 housing units at an average density of 382.5 per square mile (147.7/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 97.3% White, 0.4% Asian, 0.8% from other races, and 1.4% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.4% of the population.
There were 197 households, of which 39.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.7% were married couples living together, 15.7% had a female householder with no husband present, 8.1% had a male householder with no wife present, and 30.5% were non-families.