Lockbourne, referred to by some as Grove City East, is a village in Franklin County and Pickaway County, Ohio, United States. The population was 237 at the 2010 census. Lockbourne is located near Rickenbacker International Airport, and had initially provided its original name of Lockbourne Air Force Base.
Lockbourne was laid out in the early 1830s. It takes its name from the locks of the Ohio and Erie Canal, on which it was situated.
Picway Power Plant, a coal fired power plant, operated in Lockbourne from 1926 to 2015. It was owned by Columbus & Southern Ohio Electric and later on by American Electric Power (AEP).
Lockbourne is located at 39°48′32″N 82°58′14″W (39.809008, -82.970528).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.80 square miles (2.07 km2), of which, 0.75 square miles (1.94 km2) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) is water.
At the 2010 census there were 237 people, 95 households, and 69 families living in the village. The population density was 316.0 inhabitants per square mile (122.0/km2). There were 108 housing units at an average density of 144.0 per square mile (55.6/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 97.9% White, 0.4% from other races, and 1.7% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.5%.
Of the 95 households 33.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.7% were married couples living together, 12.6% had a female householder with no husband present, 5.3% had a male householder with no wife present, and 27.4% were non-families.