Loretto is a city in Lawrence County, Tennessee, United States. The population was 1,714 at the 2010 census, up from 1,665 at the 2000 census.
Loretto began as a stagecoach station known as "Glen Rock" in the early 19th century. In 1870, a number of German Catholic immigrants settled in the Loretto area, and a new city was established shortly afterward. Some sources suggest the name "Loretto" was inspired by the Loreto region in Italy, while others say the city was named for a sainted nun. The congregation the immigrants formed, the Sacred Heart Church of Jesus, still exists, and their church (built in 1912) is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. With the arrival of the railroad in the 1880s, Loretto thrived as a lumber town.
Other historic buildings include the Bank of Loretto building, which was built in the 1920s. The Bank of Loretto building was renovated in 2013 and now houses Nana's Pizzeria. Next door to the old Loretto bank building was Weathers Store and Myers Store. They sold general merchandise to generations of families.