Martinsburg is a city in Keokuk County, Iowa, United States. The population was 112 at the 2010 census. The only businesses open to the public in Martinsburg is McBeth Wrecker and Auto Service and a gas station/convenience store.
In 1861, Martinsburg was a half-mile long row of houses mostly on the north side of the road. In 1874, Martinsburg had two general stores, a hotel, and a Presbyterian church. There were two physicians, and a wagonmaker who also had a vinyard. The proprieters of a nearby sawmill and grain mill also lived in town.
The Burlington and Western Railway arrived in Martinsburg in late 1882. This was a narrow gauge line, widened to standard gauge in 1902 and taken over by the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy. The Minneapolis and St. Louis arrived in Martinsburg at about the same time.