Maud is a city in Bowie County, Texas, United States. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 1,056. It is part of the Texarkana metropolitan area.
Maud is on the St. Louis Southwestern Railway near U.S. Highway 67 in southern Bowie County. The territory around Maud, known before the Republic of Texas era as the Red River Country, was among the earliest settled areas, but Spanish claims to the land, outlaws from the Neutral Ground, and general lawlessness discouraged extensive development. After the railroad reached the site in 1870, a community gradually began to emerge. The town was named for Maud Knapp, daughter of Samuel D. Knapp, the first postmaster and the donor of land for the townsite. A post office opened in 1881, closed the next year, then reopened in 1893. By 1910, the population of the town had reached 300, and by 1940 it had grown to 750.