Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Mecca is a town in Wabash Township, Parke County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 335 at the 2010 census.
The town of Mecca was platted on August 7, 1890, by Samuel Hixon and his friend Tom L. McCune. As of 1913, its population was about 1,400.
A post office has been in operation at Mecca since 1888.
The Mecca Covered Bridge and Wabash Township Graded School are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Mecca is located at 39°43′35″N 87°19′53″W (39.726254, -87.331507), along the Big Raccoon Creek in the southeastern part of the county, about 6 miles (9.7 km) west-southwest of the county seat of Rockville. The main part of the town is on the west side of the creek, but a portion is on the east side; the Mecca Covered Bridge crosses the creek here. The Wabash River lies about 2 miles (3.2 km) to the west. U.S. Route 41 passes with 0.5 miles (0.80 km) of the town, to the southeast.
According to the 2010 census, Mecca has a total area of 0.39 square miles (1.01 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 335 people, 124 households, and 93 families living in the town. The population density was 859.0 inhabitants per square mile (331.7/km2). There were 140 housing units at an average density of 359.0 per square mile (138.6/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 97.6% White, 0.3% Asian, 0.9% from other races, and 1.2% from two or more races.