Medicine Bow is a town in Carbon County, Wyoming, United States. The population was 284 at the 2010 census.
A post office called Medicine Bow has been in operation since 1869. The community was named after the Medicine Bow River.
Dippy, a well-known dinosaur skeleton, was found in a quarry nearby in 1898-99.
The Virginian Hotel is a historic hotel located in Medicine Bow. It was built in 1911 by August Grimm. The hotel was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Medicine Bow is located at 41°53′52″N 106°12′10″W (41.897668, -106.202796).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 3.46 square miles (8.96 km2), all of it land.
As of 2000 the median income for a household in the town was $33,750, and the median income for a family was $35,156. Males had a median income of $41,250 versus $20,536 for females. The per capita income for the town was $16,420.