Medway is a town in Penobscot County, Maine, United States. The population was 1,349 at the 2010 census.
One of the largest water powered sawmills then on the Penobscot River was built in Medway in 1820 by Gen. Boyd, who owned half the township. A second large mill was built soon after near what is now Medway Center, attracting settlers. Sawmills remained there as late as the 1920s. Boyd originally incorporated the town as "Kilmarnock", but the name was changed to Medway in 1854.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 41.14 square miles (106.55 km2), of which, 41.00 square miles (106.19 km2) of it is land and 0.14 square miles (0.36 km2) is water. The town is at the confluence of the East and West Branches of the Penobscot River
At the 2010 census there were 1,349 people, 576 households, and 400 families living in the town. The population density was 32.9 inhabitants per square mile (12.7/km2). There were 658 housing units at an average density of 16.0 per square mile (6.2/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 98.8% White, 0.1% African American, 0.4% Native American, 0.3% Asian, and 0.4% from two or more races.