Medway is an unincorporated community in Bethel Township, Clark County, Ohio, United States. It is part of the Springfield, Ohio Metropolitan Statistical Area. Near are the adjoining communities of Crystal Lakes and Park Layne. The population of its ZCTA for ZIP Code 45341, which includes Medway, was 4,110 at the 2000 census. Medway lies within the Tecumseh Local School District, whose high school mascot is the Arrows. Medway Elementary is the primary center of education for grades k-5.
When European explorers, namely French fur traders, reached the Mad River in 1671, they found an abundance of beaver pelt among other prized furs. They followed the Honey Creek, through the current locations of the town of Medway where they established a small base camp (later moved to a Shawnee trading post near present-day Springfield, Ohio). On September 17, 1671, the Spangler party claimed all the lands comprising the drainage basin of the river, later renamed the Mad River, for Louis XIV as part of New France.
During the 1740s, the Wood's River Land Company, which was represented by Louis de la Corne, Chevalier de la Corne, attained a large tract of land within present-day southwest Ohio.