Monroeville is a village in Huron County, Ohio, United States. The population was 1,400 at the 2010 census.
Monroeville was originally called Monroe, and under the latter name was laid out in 1817. The village was named after James Monroe, the fifth President of the United States. Its name was later changed to its current form by postal authorities. Monroeville was incorporated as a village in 1868.
Monroeville is located at 41°14′38″N 82°41′53″W (41.243795, -82.698165).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.43 square miles (3.70 km2), of which 1.40 square miles (3.63 km2) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.08 km2) is water.
An unincorporated community known as North Monroeville exists in Erie County. As the name suggests, the community is directly north of Monroeville.
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,400 people, 528 households, and 368 families living in the village. The population density was 1,000.0 inhabitants per square mile (386.1/km2). There were 577 housing units at an average density of 412.1 per square mile (159.1/km2).