New Haven is a city in Adams, Jefferson, and St. Joseph townships, Allen County, Indiana, United States. It sits to the east of the city of Fort Wayne, the second largest city in Indiana, and is situated mostly along the southern banks of the Maumee River. The population was 14,794 as of the 2010 census.
New Haven was platted in 1839 by Henry Burgess and was incorporated as a town under Indiana law in 1865. It became incorporated as a city in 1963. Several homes built by the Burgess family remain in New Haven. A Burgess home on Summit Street is the oldest brick structure in Jefferson Township. Henry Burgess' son-in-law, E.W. Green built a large frame Greek Revival house on the hill above what is now Central Lutheran School. Another Burgess structure remains at the corner of Summit and Eben Streets.