New Richmond, also known as New Richmond on the Ohio, is a village in Ohio and Pierce townships in Clermont County, Ohio, United States, founded in 1814, along the Ohio River. The population was 2,582 at the 2010 census.
New Richmond is located at 38°57′18″N 84°16′54″W (38.955086, -84.281720). The village is located within Ohio Township, with the exception of the Beckjord Power Station, which lies within Pierce Township.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 3.72 square miles (9.63 km2), of which 3.41 square miles (8.83 km2) is land and 0.31 square miles (0.80 km2) is water.
New Richmond was once the largest and most flourishing village in Clermont County. Located along the banks of the Ohio River, it had a superior location about twenty miles east and south of Cincinnati.
Present-day New Richmond was surveyed on June 3, 1778, consisting of Robert Beal's 1,000-acre (400 ha) survey No. 847 (purchased by Gen. William Lytle and sold to Thomas Ashburn in 1813) and David Jackson's 333-acre (135 ha) survey No. 1539 (purchased by Jacob Light in 1804). Light laid out the village on September 19–22, 1814, reportedly with the help of his nephew, who suggested the name of his hometown of Richmond, Virginia.