Northwood is a town in Rockingham County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 4,241 at the 2010 census.
First settled in 1763, Northwood was incorporated on February 6, 1773 by Colonial Governor John Wentworth, when a large tract of land called "North Woods" was separated from Nottingham. Around 1800, the Portsmouth to Concord Turnpike was built, and the town began to prosper. Numerous taverns accommodated sledge and stage passengers. At one time, there were some twelve sawmills in the town, five of which were replaced by shoe factories during the latter half of the 19th century. By 1920, however, the last shoe factory had closed. More recently, the town has been a popular vacation spot, being home to nine lakes and many antique shops.
Four Northwood districts along Route 4 are considered historic sections of town. They are, from east to west, East Northwood, Northwood Ridge, Northwood Center and Northwood Narrows. The town is home to Coe-Brown Northwood Academy, founded in 1867.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 30.0 square miles (78 km2), of which 28.0 sq mi (73 km2) is land and 2.1 sq mi (5.4 km2) is water, comprising 6.89% of the town.