Pearl City is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) located in the ʻEwa District and City & County of Honolulu on the Island of Oʻahu. As of the 2010 Census, the CDP had a total population of 47,698. Pearl City is located along the north shore of Pearl Harbor. Waimalu borders Pearl City to the east, while Waipahu borders the west. The U.S. postal code for Pearl City is 96782.
Early-day Pearl City had an array of rice paddies and fields that were plowed with water buffalo that would haul a two-wheeled cart. In the early 1880s, Pearl City was the final stop for Benjamin Franklin Dillingham's Oahu Railway, a mud wagon driven by a four-horse team. Lots for an as-yet-to-exist "Pearl City" went on sale in 1889, after completion of the actual rail line. Near the outskirts of Pearl City, the Remond Grove, an area where people could be entertained with piano, banjo, trumpet, and saxophone performances, was a popular entertainment spot in the early 1900s.
Pearl City is located at 21°24'30" North, 157°58'1" East (21.408333, −157.966902).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 5.8 square miles (15 km2), of which, 5.0 square miles (13 km2) of it is land and 0.8 square miles (2.1 km2) of it is water.