Pierceton is a town in Washington Township, Kosciusko County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 1,015 at the 2010 census.
In 1853, John Butler Chapman and Lewis Keith, his father-in-law, employed Otho Means, a surveyor, to lay out Pierceton as it is located today, christened in honor of President Franklin Pierce. The Pierceton post office was established in 1853.
Pierceton was incorporated as a town in 1866.
The Pierceton Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1992.
The Town of Pierceton maintains an online resource website, with online resources including bill payment, business directory, local events and many informational articles. http://pierceton.us
Pierceton is located at 41°11′59″N 85°42′24″W (41.199617, -85.706733). It lies at the intersection of US 30 and Indiana state route 13.
According to the 2010 census, Pierceton has a total area of 1.2 square miles (3.11 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,015 people, 397 households, and 271 families living in the town. The population density was 845.8 inhabitants per square mile (326.6/km2). There were 432 housing units at an average density of 360.0 per square mile (139.0/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 96.8% White, 0.3% Native American, 0.2% Asian, 1.3% from other races, and 1.4% from two or more races.