2 Bed | 2 Bath
2 Bed | 2 Bath | 1,196 Sq. Ft.
Plymouth is a borough in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, 4 miles (6 km) west of Wilkes-Barre (along the Susquehanna River). The population was 5,951 as of the 2010 census.
Plymouth was first settled in 1769 by the Susquehanna Company of Connecticut. It was originally part of Plymouth Township. The Pennamite-Yankee Wars were fought in the surrounding area.
Plymouth is situated in the once rich anthracite coal fields of eastern Pennsylvania. Coal was first shipped in 1807. Plymouth was incorporated as a borough in 1866. Elijah C. Wadhams served as the first mayor; he held office until 1869. In the past, the chief products of its manufacturing establishments included mining drilling machines, miners' squibs, silk hosiery, and lumber products. Its population peaked in 1910 at 16,996.