Redkey is a town in Richland Township, Jay County, Indiana, United States. The population was 1,353 at the 2010 census.
Redkey was named for James Redkey, who platted an addition to the town when the railroad was built through it in 1867. The area was originally known as the Wade Settlement, after the family of Josiah Wade, who settled there in 1836. His son William Harrison Wade platted a village there in 1854, which he called Mt. Vernon. James Redkey platted his addition in 1856, but when application was made for a government post office, the name Mt. Vernon was already taken, so the name of Redkey was chosen. Redkey was incorporated in 1883.
The Redkey Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1992.
Redkey is located at 40°20′58″N 85°9′4″W (40.349507, -85.151074).
According to the 2010 census, Redkey has a total area of 0.95 square miles (2.46 km2), of which 0.94 square miles (2.43 km2) (or 98.95%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.03 km2) (or 1.05%) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,353 people, 551 households, and 365 families living in the town. The population density was 1,439.4 inhabitants per square mile (555.8/km2).