St. Anthony is a city in and the county seat of Fremont County, Idaho, United States. The population was 3,542 at the 2010 census, up from 3,342 in 2000. It is part of the Rexburg, Idaho Micropolitan Statistical Area.
Previous to the foundation of St. Anthony, Major Andrew Henry established a short-lived fort a few miles west of where the city stands today. This post was last used in the Fall of 1811, but left a lasting mark on the area as Henry is the namesake for the Henrys Fork of the Snake River, which St. Anthony sits along.
The early history of the city is disputed, with some sources pointing toward St. Anthony being founded in 1888 by members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, while others point to it being established in 1890. About this same time, a bridge was built over the Henrys Fork where St.