St. Francis is a city in Anoka and Isanti counties, Minnesota, United States. The population was 7,218 at the 2010 census.
Minnesota State Highway 47 serves as a main route in the city. Other routes include Ambassador Boulevard.
St. Francis was named after Francis of Assisi.
In 1855 Dwight Woodbury built a dam, grist and saw mill, and the first house, which later became the Riverside Hotel. George Armsby and E. Fowler are considered to be the first settlers in the area.
St. Francis Township was settled in 1855 and organized in 1857. The name St. Francis comes from Louis Hennepin, who named the Rum River after St.